Keeping our assets safe and making cyber security is a top priority.
Here are five things you can do to keep our systems safe:
1. Be suspicious of email
2. Create a strong password
3. Keep your password to yourself
4. Keep city laptops, flash drives and phones secure
5. Complete the mandatory security training every year
Check out this video for helpful reminders.
Watch for an email invitation in mid December for mandatory Security Awareness Training from email@example.com regarding the upcoming training sessions.
Who is required to complete the training?
· All full time and part time staff
· All volunteers who will be accessing the city’s network
· All police staff who will have additional training (scheduled by their training coordinator)
What you need to know:
· The online training will take one hour to complete
· There are three training sessions total
· You can find the online training through the Portal app on your desktop
· Training must be completed within 90 days of receiving the invitation
· A certificate for each training session may be downloaded after completion
Thank you for making cyber security a top priority and keep up the good work!